During the First World War, a lone French soldier must navigate twisted trenches, scavenge for limited supplies and solve complex puzzles - all whilst fighting for survival in the midst of mankind’s most brutal and horrifying conflict. Dive into the madness of war. Engage in brutal combat against enemy soldiers, manage limited supplies, and solve complex environmental puzzles in order to locate your missing-in-action brother. CONSCRIPT is a new take on the classic survival horror genre, set in the trenches of the First World War. Inspired by classics such as Resident Evil and Silent Hill, it blends punishing and classic gameplay mechanics of the genre to deliver a cohesive and tense survival horror experience.
CONSCRIPT is being developed and designed by solo developer Jordan Mochi, living in Melbourne Australia. CONSCRIPT is my first commercial project, and has been a solo undertaking as of this point. Everything I’ve learnt is self taught from the internet. CONSCRIPT first started in 2017 as a project to help me learn the basics of game development and coding whilst I was still at the University of Melbourne studying history - so I could one day pursue my dream of becoming a game developer. The game started small but kept evolving and growing until it slowly became what you see today. All these years later, here we are! The design of CONSCRIPT stemmed from two things. Firstly, my love for the survival horror genre - dating back to the first time I played Resident Evil 4 in 2008 as a young lad. Secondly, as a history major with a passion for WW1, I felt that the Great War remained neglected as a time period in games. So I wanted to explore this time period further - and put my degree to good use. Naturally, one of our most horrific wars and survival horror go hand in hand.
- Experience classic and methodical survival horror gameplay in a unique historical setting: the Battle of Verdun.
- Highly re-playable with various difficulty settings, multiple endings, unlockable costumes and bonus weapons.
- Fend off a variety of enemy soldiers and combatants with a variety of WW1 melee weapons and firearms.
- Survive in an intense, harrowing atmosphere boosted by a unique pixel art aesthetic and oppressive sound design.
- Navigate intricate level design that promotes item management and route planning, whilst solving complex environmental puzzles.
- Distinct WW1 themed areas that intertwine and overlap.
CONSCRIPT 2022 Trailer — YouTube
CONSCRIPT Gamescom 2021 Trailer — YouTube
Logo & Icon
About Catchweight Studio
- Catchweight Studio is a primarily one man game development studio based in Melbourne, Australia. Currently developing World War 1 themed survival horror game CONSCRIPT.
- More information
- More information on Catchweight Studio, our logo & relevant media are available here.
- Jordan Mochi
- Founder, Solo Developer, Catchweight Studio
- Sonny Igusti